Saturday, May 21, 2011

Storytime Visitor

We had a special visitor in storytime today: a centipede (or centipede-like critter; I'll admit I didn't get a very good look at it). The kids were alternatively horrified and fascinated, and of course one very well-informed and willing to share child made sure everyone knew centipedes were poisonous. I was stuck with a bit of a dilemma. Do I interrupt myself and take care of the little pest or wait until my story (Lynne Rickards' Pink!) was finished and then track him down and dispose of him? The little bug wasn't harming anyone, and for the most part, my kids were staying away and trying to pay attention to the story. Eventually, one mother came forward with some tissues and did away with the many legged beast and we were all able to go back to normal programming. It certainly made for an interesting change from the norm, and kept me on my toes during craft time, looking for any little friends that might pop up.

No comments:

Post a Comment