Saturday, January 7, 2012

My, my, a whole year.

I may not have posted as often as I would have liked, but it seems I have survived the first year curse and actually made it into year two of my blog.  I may not have a lot of readers (something I hope will change over time, but even if it doesn't, I enjoy the writing for myself), but I'll keep plugging.  Between work and school I know I don't post much, but if I can manage a handful of entries a month, I'll be happy.

In the coming weeks I'll have Newbery/Caldecott predictions, my top ten lists (I still need to get through at least five or six more books before I can finalize my middle grade list), and a look at what I'm most looking forward to this year.  I've challenged myself on GoodReads to read 150 books this year.  If I include picture books, that should be a walk in the park.  I don't have the official numbers in front of me, but I estimate that I read around 170 books last year, including picture books, YA and adult.

So here's to a marvelous 2012!  I've already begun to plan for my library's Summer Reading Program ("Dream Big, Read!") and have all sorts of fun things planned.  And here's to the books, what keeps me chugging along!

No comments:

Post a Comment